Please complete all fields shown below. We accept and encourage similar products from multiple members to give our customers the best selection possible, but we do insist on quality work. Applications are generally approved within 24 business hours. You will be contacted by Eclectics Marketplace (Webclectics) and provided with an email address to send photos of some of your products for approval. These photos will be used in the photo gallery accompanying your profile. Please read the Guiding Principles and Terms and Conditions before applying for membership.
There is a $30 annual fee to become or remain a member of the Marketplace Group. Occasionally specials may run to encourage membership, these are open to only new members.
Just a few quick definitions, hints, and tips.
- A ‘tagline’ is a 6-10 word phrase that tells people who you are. We use that in the title of your profile (space permitting) and in your SEO definitions.
- You will be asked for ‘tags’. A tag is an important part of search engine searches. They are like keywords to help people find you. Say you sell clothing, you’d want to use common product names that people frequently search for. Things like ‘capes, cloaks, shawls, hoods, dresses, robin hood hats’ will help the search engines (and our own site) find you if someone searches for you. You don’t have to fill it in, but then we will have to guess at meaningful tags.
- Referrer is whoever referred you to this site. We occasionally offer promotions to people who refer people to us.
- A service-provider is someone like a fortune teller, card-reader, massage therapist etc.
- You want to write a robust profile description of your business. You have up to 400 words or so, maybe even more. The more robust your profile is, the more it can improve your listings in the search engines. You want to use at least 150 words minimum. We know that many of you are not professional writers… but the content needs to be there so Google can score it high for content. Too low, and google won’t even index the page. So… give us your life history, do a bio, explain why you are passionate about what you do. If you’re a vendor, then include how you make things, that they’re handmade, you make them in your studio in the backyard or whatever. Describe what your products are made from. If you’re an entertainer or other member, use your entertaining skills to pad out your content. Think of it as an interview and somebody asks you “so tell me about yourself and what you do”.
- We prefer that all products be manufactured, or at least substantially completed by the artisan or their US-based partners or employees. Oversees imports of finished products will be handled on a case-by-case basis. What we will NOT approve are cheap products coming in from China, India, or other cheap-labor markets. For instance, an acceptable imported product might be bagpipe parts imported from Scotland for resale here in the US. Contact us if you have questions.
- Want to know more about why you should join? Check out our Words for Nerds page.
- Need an online store in addition to your profile on the nexus? We can help. Check out our Ecommerce page.
- We will reach out to the email address you provide, asking for sample pictures that represent you, and a logo. Please watch your email, as we can’t complete your profile until we have those photos.
To apply for a profile is a two-step process. First, you need to complete and submit the profile information form below. Once your profile has been accepted, you will be assigned an account on the marketplace, and receive login instructions to the email you provided. You must complete the ‘billing address’ and ‘account details’ sections to complete your membership.